(OLNEY) The 46th Annual Illinois Basketball Coaches Association Hall of Fame Banquet is scheduled for tomorrow night at Redbird Arena at Illinois State University in Normal. The doors open at 5:00 with the meal to be served at 5:30, then followed by the recognition of the 2018 inductees and award winners. There will be 97 men and women inducted as the 2018 class, including three teams. Here’s the list of our three inductees that coached and played in Olney, along with a few others from our downstate region :
* Curt Dobbs, former Olney Lady Tiger basketball coach is among sixteen (16) total coaches to be inducted
* former Lady Tigers Brittany Johnson & Sara Stevenson are among thirty-five (35) players to be inducted
* sports announcer Greg Sapp from Effingham is among seven (7) media members to be inducted
* former Stewardson-Strasburg coach John Giesler is among six (6) career coaches to be inducted
* Pinckneyville coach Bob Waggoner is among the sixteen (16) coaches to be inducted
* former Teutopolis boys basketball coach Ken Crawford will receive the Chuck Rolinski Award
congratulations to these and all others for their induction into the IBCA Hall of Fame tomorrow night.